Friday, January 2, 2009

Industrial Arts Major

During my three years of Industrial Arts courses in high school I learned how to work with wood, metal, leather, and other miscellaneous materials to make useful items.

Tools I used to create the items included wood and metal lathes, wood planers, circular, table, and band saws, hand drills and drill presses, rivet guns, calipers, micrometers, compasses, squares, punches, and many other common hand and power tools.

I created leather billfolds, wallets, purses, belts, key chain straps, and several other types of leather products. I used design tools to stamp decorative designs onto the covers of the wallets, billfolds, purses, and belts. I laced them together with leather lace.

I designed sketches and layouts, calculated board feet to determine the amount of wood necessary to build different projects and built a medicine cabinet, tooth brush holder, book shelf, cabinets, checker/chess board, tables, lazy susans, and many other wood craft items.

I created blue prints for houses and built a model home structure representing a scale model of an actual home that could have been built from the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment