Sunday, January 4, 2009

My First Job

My first job was as a dishwasher for a restaurant when I was only 13 years old and I have never been without a job since then, until now. I would always leave one job on a Friday and go to the next one on a Monday, or leave a job one day and go to work on the next job the next day. I always provided the standard two week notice before leaving a job.

The dishwasher job consisted of clearing the food off the dishes into a garbage disposal, putting them into racks and then running them through the dishwasher, taking them out on the other side of the dishwasher and then drying them and put them back in place for their next use. I also had to take the filters down from above the grill and run them through the dishwasher and help wash pots and pans for the cooks. There were times when it was busy the I had to go out onto the floor and help the bus boys clear the tables and carry the bus trays back to the kitchen to the dishwasher to be washed.

When I was caught up with the dishes I would help the cooks prepare food, like salads, prepping potatoes for baking, and bringing up stock from the stock room to the kitchen to resupply the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment