Monday, January 5, 2009

Aircraft I Maintained/Repaired

While stationed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio I had the opportunity to worked on non standard aircraft including some of the prototype aircraft that were used as a mockup for the actual production aircraft. It was interesting trying to find the avionic systems in the prototypes and modifed aircraft because they were not always in the same location as in the production aircraft, so one would learn the individual aircraft when working on them.

There were four primary bases that I was stationed at during my 8 year Air Force tenure, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB) near San Antonio, Texas for basic training, Keesler AFB near Biloxi, Mississippi for technical training, Charleston AFB, South Carolina for my first assignment and then Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton, Ohio for my second assignment. Although I was stationed at Charleston and Wright Patterson Air Force Base I still traveled on temporary duty (TDY) assignments to other bases around the world to maintain different types of aircraft.

Below is a listing of aircraft that I have maintained/repaired the avionic systems and helped with various other maintenance activities like refueling, changing tires, checking engine oil and performing periodic inspections.

Military cargo aircraft, C-130/AC-130H, C-130A, C-130E; C-135/EC-135N, NKC-135A, NC-135A, C-135A, C-135B; C-141/C-141A, and NC-141A. Helicopters, UH-1F, CH-3E, and CH-53. Trainer aircraft, T-39/T-39A, NT-39A, T-39B, and T-37B. Fighter aircraft, F-4, F-14, F-15, and F-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment